Looking for a dehumidifier for your motorhome or trailer? Look no further, we’ve put together a comprehensive list for you based on the best reviews from other RV owners like you. (And no, you don’t have to buy your new appliance from Camping World… you can get it online at Amazon!)
Unfortunately there is no such thing as a 12 volt dehumidifier specifically for RVs, but there are plenty of miniature versions that only take a small amount of energy, which your RV will be able to run either off solar if you’re boondocking or off park electricity if you’re plugged in at a campground.
Now, the best RV dehumidifier for your needs will depend on a few things.
How much humidity do you have in terms of both people and weather, and how big is your RV? The more humidity and space you have, the more dehumidifyng power you’ll need. In fact, you may need more than one small dehumidifier to keep your whole RV dry and free of dampness if you have a very large space or many people.
If your RV is on the smaller side, some simple drying crystals may be all you need to suit the humidity in your rig.
We cover all of the options below!
Our Top Small Dehumidifiers For Your RV
We start out with the highest recommended, the Eva Dry. Check the notes under each product for our thoughts.
Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier, White
$47.99 in stock
5 used from $34.11
- LESS NOISE OUTPUT - The average noise output for all of the thermo-electric dehumidifiers we tested was 53.2 dB. On the other hand, the EDV-1100 was measured at 50.9 dB, 2.3 dB below average. Making it generate less noise to provide you a good night sleep at night.
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY - The EDV-1100 couldn’t be any more portable. For one, it can easily be transported. Secondly, it is also one of the smallest, lightest thermo-electric dehumidifiers on the market.
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION - The Eva-Dry EDV-1100 has a manufacturer specified power draw of 22 watts. That makes it low on energy consumption so you can save on your electricity bill and also helps the environment. Capacity - 16 ounces
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – It is made from high quality and superior materials making it durable. It also has renewable reservoir which absorbs musty odors from stagnant air and also eliminates odors and fungus.
- PLUG AND PLAY SETUP - This couldn’t be easier to use. Simply plug it in and turn it on. It will immediately start dehumidifying. If the condensate collection bucket fills up the “FULL” LED will light up and the dehumidifier will automatically shut off.
This is our top recommendation.
Eva-Dry Edv-2200 Powerful Electric Mid-Size Dehumidifier, Great for Areas Up To 2200 Cubic Feet
- Peltier Technology
- Small enough to be placed out of sight
- Auto shut off when to capacity
- Low energy consumption
- Peltier Technology
There is also a larger option of the same model.
Hysure Dehumidifier, Deshumidificador 700ml (24fl.oz) 1200 Cubic Feet(215 sq ft) Quiet Room Dehumidifier, Portable Dehumidifier Bathroom Dehumidifier for Dorm Room, Baby Room, Home, Crawl Space, RV
|Package Dimensions||Height: 441; Length: 1386; Weight: 590; Width: 685|
|Product Type Name||HOME|
|Title||Hysure Dehumidifier, Deshumidificador 700ml (24fl.oz) 1200 Cubic Feet(215 sq ft) Quiet Room Dehumidifier, Portable Dehumidifier Bathroom Dehumidifier for Dorm Room, Baby Room, Home, Crawl Space, RV|
If you have a slightly larger RV, this is a great choice.
hOmeLabs 4 Gallon (30 Pint) Dehumidifier Energy Star Safe Mid Size Portable Dehumidifiers for Medium Large Spaces up to 1000 Sq Ft with Fan Wheels and Drain Hose Outlet to Remove Odor and Allergens
- 1,500 sq ft Dehumidifier - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This moisture-removing, Energy Star certified beast is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- Designed For The Modern Home - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Don’t got time for that? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security
- Eliminates Moistness - Moist is a bad word. Our portable dehumidifier reduces moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 for maximum moisture removal
- Important Things To Know - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they absorb the moisture). This product won’t work in the same room as an evaporative cooler, and is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 square feet. It measures 15.2 x 10 x 19.7 inches, has a 1 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 22 pints of moisture from the air per day.
For very large RVs, toy haulers, and fifth wheels that are plugged into park electricity in high humidity areas, this will protect your RV from must and mold.
Eva-Dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier 2-PACK
$41.95 in stock
- Economical Twin Pack!
- Silent operation
- Renewable for up to 10 years
- No Messy spills or refills!
These refillable, wall-mounted crystal based dehumidifiers are a great choice for RVers in slightly less wet climates or in smaller spaces.
DampRid FG118RV Moisture Absorber, Charcoal RV, 18-Ounce (3)
- Moisture Aborbrt
Damp Rid is a favorite of every RVer and you will not find someone in a camper without some of this.
DampRid FG50FS Hi-Capacity Moisture Absorber Fresh Scent, Pack of 2
- DampRid Hi-Capacity Moisture Absorber Bucket attracts and traps excess moisture, eliminating musty odors from damp areas
- The hi-capacity design features a unique Moisture Lock spill resistor technology with a sealed safety cover for a mess free solution
- Ideal for larger spaces like basements, garages, where stagnant air and excess moisture is a problem
- Each of the 4 lb. Hi-Capacity buckets last up to 6 months, depending on temperature and humidity levels
- To use, remove the plastic lid exposing the sealed safety cover. Discard once the moisture absorbing crystals have fully dissolved
You can also get a higher capacity DampRid unit for bigger spaces with more moisture.