Looking for a dehumidifier for your motorhome or trailer? Look no further, we’ve put together a comprehensive list for you based on the best reviews from other RV owners like you. (And no, you don’t have to buy your new appliance from Camping World… you can get it online at Amazon!)
Unfortunately there is no such thing as a 12 volt dehumidifier specifically for RVs, but there are plenty of miniature versions that only take a small amount of energy, which your RV will be able to run either off solar if you’re boondocking or off park electricity if you’re plugged in at a campground.
Now, the best RV dehumidifier for your needs will depend on a few things…
How much humidity do you have in terms of both people and weather, and how big is your RV? The more humidity and space you have, the more dehumidifyng power you’ll need. In fact, you may need more than one small dehumidifier to keep your whole RV dry and free of dampness if you have a very large space or many people.
If your RV is on the smaller side, some simple drying crystals may be all you need to suit the humidity in your rig.
We cover all of the options below!
Our Top Small Dehumidifiers For Your RV
We start out with the highest recommended, the Eva Dry. Check the notes under each product for our thoughts.
Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier, White
$39.95 in stock
4 used from $38.35
- 16OZ Dehumidifiers for Bathroom: With 473ml (16OZ) large translucent tank, you can see the water collection volume of the dehumidifier in real-time, and there is a groove design on the water tank, you can easily take it out, pour water and clean it!
- Quieter - The average noise output thermo-electric dehumidifiers is 53.2 dB.The EDV-1100 has been measured at 50.9 dB, 2.3 dB below average. It generates less noise to help you sleep better at night.
- Auto Shut Off Protection: When the water tank is full, dehumidifier will auto shut off, and the full light will light up yellow to inform you. It is also very safe and convenient to use when you are not at home.
- Portable Dehumidifier for Bedroom: With a compact size of 6.5X5.3X8.5 inch it is very convenient to be placed anywhere. Helping to get the excess moisture out of the air for you in bedroom, bathroom, RV, closet and more.
- Auto restart after a power interruption. Once the power is restored after a power failure, the appliance will continue to operate at the selected settings.
This is our top recommendation.
Eva-Dry Edv-2400 Electric Dehumidifier with Humidistat, Medium, White
- Efficient Moisture Removal: Extracts up to 25 oz of moisture per day at 86°F and 80% relative humidity, protecting your valued belongings from excess moisture damage and unpleasant odors.
- Energy-Saving Technology: Advanced Peltier thermoelectric technology for high dehumidification with minimal power consumption.
- Easy-to-Use Controls: Built-in Humidistat with digital display for adjusting humidity levels and setting desired moisture level.
- Automatic Shut-Off: Activates when the water tank reaches maximum capacity to prevent overflow.
- Quiet Operation: Ensures minimal noise for undisturbed environments.
This is a larger version of the same model, with a Humidistat
hOmeLabs 4 Gallon (30 Pint) Dehumidifier Energy Star Safe Mid Size Portable Dehumidifiers for Medium Large Spaces up to 1000 Sq Ft with Fan Wheels and Drain Hose Outlet to Remove Odor and Allergens
$189.99 in stock
- 1,500 sq ft Dehumidifier: Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This Energy Star certified model is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- Designed For The Modern Home: That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession.
- Super Easy To Use: Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- Eliminates Moisture Effectively: Our portable dehumidifier reduces moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 118 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 135 for maximum moisture removal.
- Important Things To Know: Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they absorb the moisture). This product won’t work in the same room as an evaporative cooler, and is intended for any indoor space up to 1,500 square feet. It measures 15.2 x 10 x 19.7 inches, has a 0.8 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 22 pints of moisture from the air per day.
For very large RVs, toy haulers, and fifth wheels that are plugged into park electricity in high humidity areas, this will protect your RV from must and mold.
DampRid FG118RV Moisture Absorber, Charcoal RV, 18-Ounce (3)
- Moisture Aborbrt
Damp Rid is a favorite of every RVer and you will not find someone in a camper without some of this.
DampRid FG50FS Hi-Capacity Moisture Absorber Fresh Scent, Pack of 2
- DampRid Hi-Capacity Moisture Absorber Bucket attracts and traps excess moisture, eliminating musty odors from damp areas
- The hi-capacity design features a unique Moisture Lock spill resistor technology with a sealed safety cover for a mess free solution
- Ideal for larger spaces like basements, garages, where stagnant air and excess moisture is a problem
- Each of the 4 lb. Hi-Capacity buckets last up to 6 months, depending on temperature and humidity levels
- To use, remove the plastic lid exposing the sealed safety cover. Discard once the moisture absorbing crystals have fully dissolved
You can also get a higher capacity DampRid unit for bigger spaces with more moisture.